The choice for pharmaceutical companies that offer a ready-to-fill product line is clear: U.S. Medical Instruments, Inc.’s SafeSnap® ReadyToFill™ Syringe. Here is why:
SafeSnap® ReadyToFill™ Syringe
- Use in combination with at-home drug therapies and sell as combination medication/syringe sets
- Meets the International Standards Organizations (ISO) standard for dead space and is designed for zero reflux
- After use, the needle is encapsulated and the syringe becomes its own sharps container:
- Prevents needle stick injuries or needle re-use
- Provides ease of disposal
- Reduces the cost and quantity of hazardous waste disposal
- Is convenient and easy to use for both self-administered users and healthcare professionals
- Eliminates need for separate vials and sharps containers
SafeSnap® is the Ideal Drug Delivery System for Drug Therapies
By offering their drug prefilled into the SafeSnap® syringe, pharmaceuticals can:
- Reduce the chance for inaccurate measuring, waste or misuse of expensive medications
- Offer a cost-effective ready-to-fill product
- Eliminate needle stick injuries and contamination, thereby providing healthcare professionals with less risk and more peace of mind
SafeSnap® Is Cost Effective
- Exceeds ISO standards for dead space – waste of expensive medications is kept to a minimum
- Significant disposal savings to hospitals because of the reduction of traditional sharps containers
- Reduces liability in the work environment and during transportation to final disposal destination
- SafeSnap® syringes can be sold at prices comparable to or lower than other safety syringes
How SafeSnap® Works
With SafeSnap®, it’s as simple as push, pull, snap seal.
Push: As you inject, continue pressure until the plunger locks with the needle and its carrier. Flip the red clip.
Pull: Retract the needle all the way into the barrel.
Snap: Break the plunger off.
Seal: Insert the plunger into the open end of the barrel until it locks.
Now the syringe can simply be disposed of in a red biohazard bag. Because SafeSnap® becomes its own sharps container there is no need to dispose of a used SafeSnap® needle into a sharps container.