The number of people self-administering drug therapies at home continues to increase. For example, insulin dependent diabetics, people undergoing hormone therapy and individuals suffering from arthritis all need a safe and reliable way to self-inject medications.
The unique design features offered by the SafeSnap syringe provides an easy, reliable and safe way for people to self-administer drugs as often as necessary.
The SafeSnap® Syringe
Full Product Line
- Includes safety, insulin, and allergy syringes
- 1/2cc, 1cc, 3cc, 5cc, 10cc and 20cc sizes
- Permits full conversion and purchasing from one manufacturer
- Stock one syringe: SafeSnap® works with substantially all standard syringe accessories designed with a luer lock including butterfly blood draw and needleless IV systems
SafeSnap® becomes its own sharps container
Every year among the 9 million syringe users at least 3 billion injections are administered outside of traditional healthcare facilities.
Approximately two-thirds of the at home injectors are people with diabetes and patients administering home health treatments for conditions such as infertility, HIV, allergies, Hepatitis C and arthritis.
In any community, this can create a public health hazard to workers and the public because of improperly disposed used syringes. Using SafeSnap reduces this threat:
- The contaminated needle tip is never exposed
- Provides significant savings in disposal costs
- Reduces liability in the work environment
- Reduces liability during the transportation to disposal destination
- Reduces potential hazards in the event of improper disposal
- Looks and feels like a regular syringe
- Allows users to utilize standard injection technique in giving injections
- Simplifies user training and encourages compliance recognition
- Exceeds ISO standards for dead space – waste of expensive medications is kept to a minimum
- Significant disposal savings to medical facilities because of the reduction of traditional sharps containers
- Reduces liability in the work environment as well as during the transportation to the final disposal destination
- SafeSnap® syringes can be sold at prices comparable to or lower than other safety syringes
How SafeSnap® Works
With SafeSnap®, it’s as simple as push, pull, snap seal.
Push: As you inject, continue pressure until the plunger locks with the needle and its carrier. Flip the red clip.
Pull: Retract the needle all the way into the barrel.
Snap: Break the plunger off.
Seal: Insert the plunger into the open end of the barrel until it locks.
Now the syringe can simply be disposed of in a red biohazard bag. Because SafeSnap® becomes its own sharps container there is no need to dispose of a used SafeSnap® needle into a sharps container.